Product engineering service lifecycle is enclosed of different phases from inception to implementation and maintenance. When an industry keeps on changing according to the new technology, it can succeed in its path. Product engineer service need to design a product based on innovative thinking and they make the best outcome. When a buyer continues to insist on latest features and functionalities within short time, business people push their manufacturers to get high quality products. It will lead to creating of new design among product engineering service (PES).
PES is defined as an engineering activity to design and develop new product with various hardware, software, embedded system and other IT services. It consists of different phases of engineering. So when we discuss about product engineering, it is important to find the different phases of product lifecycle.
- Research – By making a deep research on the product, you have to develop an idea. This is the initial stage that conceives various ideas.
- Design – Once when the concept is initialized, team proceeds with designing. Whatever changes are to done can be made in this phase. This phase creates a prototype.
- Development – This phase includes the development of the design in hardware to produce the outcome.
- Testing – Whatever you design is always tested before handling it to the customer. Here each and every working of product is tested.
- Implementation – Once when the product is developed and tested, it is released to client with implementation.
- Maintenance/re-engineering – For every product continuous maintenance is necessary to get periodic updates and re-engineering. Re-engineering is essential to every customer needs to upgrade from the outdated version.
When you process a product manufacturing through PES, it reduces overall manufacturing costs along with becoming competitive among every other product in the market. With the help of PES, manufacturers can
- When the product is outsourced to vendor, manufacturers can focus on the bandwidth to core competencies.
- Gain access to new technology which was not possible with the later time period.
- When it is about customer needs, it can be agile and quick to respond.
- Transform their service to meet the competitive platform.
Stages involved in Product Engineering Service
- Identification of existing models
- Analyzing proceeding model
- End to end PES service
- Support and maintenance service
Objective of PES is to
- Increase customer loyalty and maintain their record
- Developing new design from existing product with innovative ideas
- It increases return on investment
- Get customer appreciation faster
- Deliver a competitive product in the market
All the PES stages are strategic and process with the series of setup, switch, stabilize and scale. It is a work flow study to get the transformation of one device to other. Get into PES and find your product.